Freelance Interior designer needs passion to start with. It requires unique ideas and methods put together to make imagination into reality. There are no shortcuts to success, but if you can start and focus then you will still be in profit years from now. Freelance interior designer need a good platform who wants to do business there way, yet wants a good profit and job satisfaction.
In this article, you will read all the strategies necessary to become a freelance interior designer.
HOW DO I START
This question comes in mind to every new person how wants to start as a freelance interior design. So let’s go through a few important strategies you need to start with.
Start by creating a blog
Starting a blog will help you to expose your skills and also help you to improve your self-esteem.
- Start posting regularly and try posting new fresh and unique ideas. Try to put each and every design a different one with no to minimal similarities.
- Invest on your blog and improve your content day by day. You need work that people can see. Create your own brand.
- Doing SEO on your blog will help you reach a higher majority of the audience and your blog will get a better display.
Use Social Media
Social media is a great marketing platform to showcase the work you have done.
- It is one of the most affordable ways to attract an audience. You can start posting images and videos of your work.
- Instagram and Facebook are the highest used social media websites which will be helpful for you to gain better exposure.
Survey the market
Do competitor analysis. But before that know that every design has its own uniqueness. Know your target audience.
If you specialize in Kitchen interior decoration your target audience is mostly women. Target according to age, display your work. Survey the market; know the latest styles they are into. Customer satisfaction is the most important aspect.
Try to Get Referrals
It is one of the easiest ways to widen your search area. Word of mouth is very important.
Talk to your family, friends, ask them to spread about your business if they get any chance. This might be very helpful for the initial start of your freelance career.
Houzz marketing can drive regular leads to your interior design business if used effectively.
- The key to the platform is to keep it updated and complete your profile completely. Use your profile effectively for your business.
- Upload your most impressive projects, complete will as many high-quality images and a full description of the project and each image – most people just upload and forget, by adding more information you will stand out.
WHAT DO I NEED TO DO TO BECOME INTERIOR DESIGN FREELANCER:
DEVELOP RELATIONS WITH INFLUENCERS
Now-a-days, you can easily find social media influencers who are very popular in their work.
- If you know anyone ask them to talk about your work or mention you in some of their videos or posts and link your blog in their description box so that you may catch viewer’s attention.
- Word from their favourite influencer might have a positive impact on them as well as it will drive a lot of traffic on your blog.
- If you don’t have any influencer you know, then try reaching out to influencers on social media and you might as well offer them a free service if required.
After starting up your freelance interior designing business your first priority is to get your potential clients.
Your clients could include new home buyers, advertising agencies, mall owners, boutique stores, hotels, restaurants, spas, and many other types of businesses. Try to attract as many people as possible through social media channels and through referrals.
A portfolio is the most important element in getting that potential client to work with you; clients like to see your previous works because it gives them a preview of how the results will be by the time the project is done.
The most significant part of an interior designer’s portfolio is photographs of interiors you have decorated, so make sure you take before and after photos of every space, you decorate.
ESTABLISH YOUR MARKETING PLAN
A marketing plan is a written guide for business owners to plan and follow in regards to promoting a business and building loyal customers.
Once you know who your ideal clients are for your interior design business, the next part of a marketing plan is to work on creating an image for your business that draws in customers from your general target audience. Set a budget. Do offline marketing like print business cards, flyers, networking, attending events and so on.
Performing all of these tactics may seem like a lot of work, so focus on one at a time to see the best results. KIFT is one of the best fashion colleges for fashion designing and Interior Designing courses in Vijayawada. It is one of the leading Fashion College and provides a promising career for the students. They also include various elements like conceptual development, space planning, and site inspections. Likewise programming, research, construction management and execution of the design in the interior designing aspect.