Makeup has become a trend for both men and women now. Along with time, makeup has expanded vastly till becoming the career choice for hundreds. The main objective of a makeup artist is to make others look great. Great makeup can steal the show completely.
What makes you a professional Makeup Artist?
In the Fashion Industry, Makeup has been evolving as quickly as any other career option. To build your career in celebrity makeup artist, start developing your skills through practice, practice and practise.
Enroll in a makeup artist course
- After finishing your 10+2, individuals who want to pursue a career in makeup can go for a Degree or Diploma course in makeup from the best fashion college in Vijayawada.
- You can also take a full cosmetology program that tells about skincare and hair.
- This course undergoes ins and outs including the best beauty products.
- Training programs will also run for 300-600 hours and can be completed within 6 months.
- Earn a degree in cosmetology for a wide range of job prospects.
Look at retail jobs
- For professional experience, find a job at a cosmetic counter. Retail experience helps you to land jobs in department and beauty stores.
- Join local theatre group to practice a different kind of makeup styles.
- Use your time to network and market your skills.
Join as Assistant
- The best way to get skilled in this field is to assist an established makeup artist.
- Working under professional artists can sharpen your skills and can be recognized within the short span.
Create your Portfolio
- Keeping a portfolio of a set of your samples allows you to showcase your skills.
- Find the models to showcase your looks.
- Also volunteering your services in the beginning stages of your career will be an added advantage for your portfolio.
- Take high-quality photographs of your work, because photos can make or break your portfolio.
- Try to carry all types of styles in your portfolio.
Build your career
- Once after getting the basic education or professional work experience, you will be calling to employ service at runway shows and fashion shoots.
- Most of the makeup artists will work for television or film industry, where you can get various opportunities of jobs.
- Market yourself on social media. You can also start a personal blog or Pinterest page.
Skills needed to become a Makeup artist
The initial inbuilt thing an artist should possess is creativity. One should also have an idea about cosmetic ingredients and skin allergies.
Scope for Professional Makeup artist
Retail store makeup artist
Theatre makeup artists
Celebrity makeup artist
For salon and spas
Makeup for public events