Fashion stylists are responsible for crafting and coordinating clothes and accessories to create outfits for clients. From working with celebrity to models, a fashion stylist career offers a wide range of opportunities to explore your creativity for style. However, as a fashion stylist, you need to be updated with the coming trends in fashion.
Now, this is one of the most popular emerging professions in the fashion era. So, Want to become a fashion stylist? Firstly, all you need to do is – understand the main tasks of this profession. A fashion stylist is the one who creates style deciding what a model wears. In addition to selecting clothing and accessories to complete the look. From television to fashion magazines and music videos this career offers different fields.
Responsibilities of a Fashion stylist
- A stylist should be up to date with changing trends in fashion.
- Fashion stylists may choose garments and accessories for models and celebrities.
- They collaborate with hairstylists, fashion designers, tailors, models, retailers, celebrities, public figures, and fashion photographers.
- They advise clients on fashion styling for visuals.
- Fashion stylists can also write fashion articles for publications.
- Develops exclusive and unconventional designs
- Picking clothes and accessories for advertisements. Similarly for concerts, music videos, and films.
- Attending fashion shows.
- Building professional networks.
- Coordinates shooting locations.
Skills needed to become Fashion Stylists
- A stylist should possess strong communication skills.
- Knowledge on changing fashion trends, colour schemes and designer labels.
- Able to explore creativity and business.
- Knowledge of various fashion techniques, including mixing different colours, fabrics and textures.
- Should have business skills such as marketing, networking and advertising.
A fashion stylist can play different roles depending on their own knowledge and skills. Because this career could be as rewarding as other fields in the fashion industry today. The fashion stylists career has been exploring today as never before. Whether you want to work with models, photographers, editors or designers, this course will prepare you by giving the knowledge of fashion styling along with a creative eye to get succeed. Everyone can learn something new about fashion and these courses. Join KIFT and begin studying today!